Monday, October 29, 2012

Pane-ful Windows

I've picked this project up and put it down so many times I've got at least three or four versions of the list of windows I want to work with. What I've got planned here is to recolor the glass portion of the windows to include things like broken glass, frosted glass, winter frost, stained glass, screens, and no glass. Some of the windows need to have their glass section added and become CEP enabled, and others are silly and need to be remapped and then have the glass as the second subset. Why we need to be able to separately choose wood colors for log windows is beyond me.

This project was going smoothly until mustluvcats came out with her Privacy Screens that basically did exactly what I was planning, but in a one-size-fits-all way. This lead me to have a crisis of faith sorta moment and I put the project down for a year and a half. I've since decided I still want to proceed because my way can give me 'empty' windows, which is something I've been wanting for a long time. Nicely shaped porch window openings without any glass in them. And, I can fix those non-nonsensically two-faced window subsets while I'm at it.

2 comments:

  1. Mirror glass use simple-mirror-reflection as the material

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502758

    ReplyDelete