Saturday, November 24, 2012

Officially Quitting Nano This Year :(

So, now I'm more than a week behind on my word count and its looking more and more impossible to finish. I wrote about 12500 words last year and that was about what I wrote this year too. I feel like if I kept pushing myself to finish it the writing will suffer (I've already noticed that in some of my last chapters, like glossing over dialog), so I think I'm going to officially quit before I get entirely burnt out on it and just hate it completely. I'd rather pick it back up next year and try yet again to finish it, though at the pace I go, it looks like it will take 4 Novembers to finish.

Anyways, I think its best I set it aside again. I feel upset that I let myself down, but hating a project you were excited about is worse. I'm still trying to get over my senior capstone project because the idea was fantastic, but I rushed the design and execution and it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I don't want that to happen to my little nano.

I'm going to go back and reread all my college collection stuff and see if I can't get reenergized about that instead. I hate this feeling of boredom and no motivation; the only thing that sounds good is napping on the couch, going to bed early, and sleeping in. I need something that is pulling at me to work on it every second I can spare, and nano was that for a while, but its lost that. There is just too much guilt associated with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment