I was thinking more about this last night in the shower (water is my conductive thinking juice - bathing or swimming). What if having these bug houses on your lot increased the chance of having those bugs spawn on your lot as well. We already have mods that will do that globally, so why not? joninmobile, also known as TheNinthWave, made a very nice little mod that does that globally, he even made a flavor I like, with butterflies being a 75% chance in Spring and Summer and 25% in Fall, and fireflies 25% in Spring, and 75% in Summer and Fall. Very nice.
I don't want to just limit this to butterflies and fireflies, I also want to try to make it for the bees and ladybugs (make them spawn anywhere on the lawn like the other two do) and the little basegame butterfly moth things (I'm totally going to retexture them so they do this set justice) and even the awful flies.
Speaking of the flies, I'm thinking maybe some sort of mix between the flying version and somehow connecting them to a garden plot. Maybe have an interaction of taking the maggots from the house and placing them on the garden plot. I also want to include a tiny percent chance of the flies getting super mad and swarming, maybe a 5% or 10% only for the summer sorta thing.
My two favorite parts of a project are the planning stage (when everything is possible) and then when I have everything meshed and textured and its in my game (sometimes even before its actually working yet). I do really like when everything is working and done, but because I don't play much, that's usually the last time I get much fun out of my own stuff. Oh well. Eventually I will play again, right?
On Going Projects
Afterschool Activities (3) Animated Morph-mesh Curtains (2) Bauhaus Furniture (3) Birthday (3) Build Contests (11) Calendar Contests (4) Calendar Holidays (3) College Mods (4) Corner Stairs (1) Costume Trunk (2) Create Contests (9) Creator Anniversary (6) Dynamic Skies (1) Featured (5) Foundation Heights (1) Garden Helpers (6) Industrial Design (3) Kickstarter (2) Lifespan & Random Death Mod (3) Medieval Career System (2) Medieval Veronaville (10) Mental Illness & Disease (1) Moving Day (4) MTS News (6) NanoWrimo (3) Painting Recolors (1) Pleasantview (5) Scrapbooking Contest (6) Smaller Driveways (3) Smallhouse Models (2) Stackable Chairs (4) Strangetown (1) The Sims 4 (3) University Hood (7) Vacation Spots (2) West Weasels (6) Window Panes (4)